Enrolment applications from outside Greenvale Primary School’s zone will be considered if there are places available at our school.
2024 Foundation School Tours and Enrolments
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au, which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined on the basis of your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zones for answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at email@example.com
2024 Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Greenvale Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers for the 2024 school year’ from the Starting School webpage (available from 24 April 2023).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Greenvale Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Visit our enrolment enquiry form and book a school tour.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday, 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday, 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday, 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) on Tuesday, 30 January 2024.
Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.
Help to confirm your address for enrolment
Schools may ask for additional information, such as copies of rental agreements or unconditional contracts of sale, to confirm your address.
Your child’s address is where they permanently reside at the time of seeking enrolment. If your child lives at multiple addresses, their permanent residence is the address at which they spend most of their weekdays.
To support a school’s request, you may be asked to complete a 100-point residential address check. Documents should show the same parent/carer name and address as recorded on the application form.
If unsure what you need to provide, ask your school or refer to the residential address check.
Enrolment applications may not be successful if the information is not provided or found not to be genuine.
If you are unable to provide proof of permanent address because of your individual circumstances, you can seek advice from your local school or a Community Liaison Officer in the regional office.
2024 Foundation Enrolments Information and Documents Required
Below is a digital copy of the documents contained in our enrolment pack: