Dear Parents and Guardians,
The Greenvale Cross Country will be held at School / Bradford Oval on Friday March 15th beginning at approximately 9.15am and concluding at 11.00am.
Every student from Years 4-6, as well as some Year 3 students will be competing for their house and for the chance to represent Greenvale in the district cross country. Students will compete against peers from their age group and all events are gender based.
The following distances will be run for each age group:
9/10 year old: 2km 11 year old: 3km 12/13 year old: 3km
Age groups are based on the age a student will be on the 31/12/2019. For example: all students born in 2010 or 2009 will be in the 9/10 year age group, all students born in 2008 will be in the 11 year age group and all students born in 2007 or 2006 will be in the 12/13 year age group.
- should wear sports appropriate clothing (shoes, shorts and shirt) that help support their house colour, but may need a tracksuit for before and after the event if the weather is cold
- are encouraged pack a healthy lunch on this day and have a full water bottle
- are advised to bring a complete change of clothes to school to change into after the event (including a change of footwear) if wet conditions are forecast and
- who suffer from asthma should run the cross country event with their asthma medication on them.
We invite all parents and guardians to come and watch their children compete in the Cross Country, event times are as follows:
- 9:30 AM 12 Years and over Boys.
- 9:35 AM 12 Years and over Girls.
- 9:50 AM 11 Year Boys.
- 9:55 AM 11 Year Girls.
- 10:10 AM 9/10 Year Boys.
- 10:15 PM 9/10 Year Girls.
The event will conclude on the basketball courts at 10.45am with age group champions and over all House champions.